OpenDS 2.2.0 Release Candidate 3 is now available
By Ludo on Nov 17, 2009
The OpenDS development team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of OpenDS 2.2.0-RC3.
OpenDS 2.2 offers the following new features from OpenDS 2.0 :
- Scalable import and indexing
- External changelog compliant with the Internet-Draft "Definition of an Object Class to Hold LDAP Change Records", draft-good-ldap-changelog-04.txt
- Fractional replication
- Extensible matching rules for time base attributes
- Support for custom syntaxes based on substitution, regular expressions or enumeration
- Remote server management in control panel
- Recurrent tasks in control Panel
- Default automatic Backup in the control panel
- Separation of LDAP Servers and Replication Servers for replication
- Ability to merge disjoint replication topologies
- Dsconfig script friendly mode
The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of testing before the final release. So please test the OpenDS release with your client applications, in your environment or on your favorite platform.
If you do find a bug, please report it with Issue Tracker.
OpenDS 2.2.0-RC3 is built from revision 6147 of the b2.2 branch of the source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC3/OpenDS-2.2.0-RC3.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC3/OpenDS-2.2.0-RC3-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC3/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 2.2.0-RC2 include:
- Revision 6100 (Issue #4337) - Resolves an issue in which importing large LDIF files would consume a lot of disk space
- Revision 6102 (Issue #4298) - Fixes a problem with Replication changelog that could grow out of bound
- Revisions 6108, 6123 (Issue #4283) - Resolves an issue in the Control Panel when adding operational attributes to an entry
- Revision 6109 (Issue #4292) - Changes the Control Panel to abandon the systematic use of the ManageDSAIT Control
- Revision 6111 (Issue #4264) - Fixes an issue in the Control Panel when doing multiple modifications on a single entry
- Revision 6113 (Issue #4302) - Fixes unexpected errors in the Control Panel Manage Entries screen with concurrent searches
- Revision 6117 (Issue #4322) - Provides a way in the Control Panel to rebuild all indexes
- Revision 6118 (Issue #4328) - Resolves an issue where the Control Panel would freeze on Ubuntu
- Revision 6119 (Issue #4332) - Resolves an issue on Windows with installation path names containing spaces
- Revision 6120 (Issue #4269) - Fixes a problem with the External Changelog changenumber not being reset when the database was re-initialized
- Revision 6122 (Issue #4296) - Publishes External Changelog base DN in the root DSE entry
- Revision 6126 (Issue #4350) - Changes the way replication domain names are created with the dsreplication utility
- Revision 6129, 6147 (Issue #4336) - Changes the Control Panel to provide the ability to refresh the suffix and entries in the Manage Entries window
- Revision 6131 (Issue #4335) - Fixes the way scrolling works in the Control Panel
- Revision 6134 (Issue 4293) - Resolves issues when verifying newly created indexes
- Revision 6138 (Issue 4338) - Changes the default Global Access Controls to provide better secure by default permissions for users to update their own entry