OpenDS 1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available
By Ludo on Dec 23, 2008
The OpenDS development team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of OpenDS 1.2.0-RC1 which is the first release candidate for OpenDS 1.2.0. The main goal of the OpenDS 1.2.0 version is to be integrated in the coming release of OpenSolaris.
The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of testing before the final release.
So please test the OpenDS release with your client applications, in your environment or on your favorite platform.
If you do find a bug, please report it with Issue Tracker.
OpenDS 1.2.0-RC1 is built from revision 4762 of the b1.2 branch of our source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC1/OpenDS-1.2.0-RC1.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC1/OpenDS-1.2.0-RC1-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC1/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC1.
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 1.1.0-build003 include:
- Revision 4726 (Issue 3646) - Fixes the configure script to properly retrieve user and group information for the OpenDS instance (Applies to SVR4 package only).
- Revision 4730 (Issue 3642) - Fixes an issue where extensions would be loaded twice.
- Revision 4731 (Issue 3639) - Fixes an issue where two separated backends could not be backed-up in the same folder.
- Revision 4736 (Issues 3650 - 3651) - Add the ldap tools and an unconfigure command to the SVR4 package.
- Revision 4740 (Issue 3658) - Delivers Man Pages for OpenDS and a few commands (Applies to SVR4 package only).
- Revision 4754 (Issue 3663) - Fixes an issue where OpenDS could not be started if the user had no home directory (Applies to SVR4 package only).
- Revision 4756 (Issue 3641) - Fixes an issue where the ServiceTag for OpenDS would not be registered at installation time (Applies to SVR4 package only).
- Revision 4758 (Issue 3665) - Defines Solaris specific authorizations to start/stop OpenDS with SMF (Applies to SVR4 package only).