OpenDS 1.0.0-build015 is now available
By Ludo on May 07, 2008
We have just uploaded OpenDS 1.0.0-build015, built from revision 4221 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder. The direct link to download the core server is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/95911/OpenDS-1.0.0-build015.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/95912/OpenDS-1.0.0-build015-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
This build provides support for monitoring through SNMP with the following limitation: the use of SMNP on Windows is not supported due to Issue #3239 (Wrong status "Enabled" for SNMP despite opendmk-jarfile not being provided).
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.0.0-build015
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 1.0.0-build014 include :
- Revision 4096 (Issue #3108) -- Added a "task completed" message after a restore.
- Revision 4099 (Issue #3111) -- Fixed some tools (ldif-diff, ldifmodify) to correctly use java_args in the config/java.properties file.
- Revision 4100 (Issue #3118) -- When in non-verbose mode or in GUI mode, setup displays how many entries have been added, rejected, and skipped during initial import.
- Revision 4105 (Issue #3120) -- Fixed status and status-panel when more than one LDAP connection handler is configured.
- Revision 4111 (Issue #3123) -- Added a "clocks-not-in-sync" message as a possible installation or replication error when server certificate expiration errors occur.
- Revision 4117 (Issue #3121) -- Fixed the behavior of the reversion option for the upgrade tool.
- Revision 4118 (Issue #2270) -- Fixed the --excludeOperational option when used as a task.
- Revision 4129 (Issue #3126) -- Fixed the setup tool to detect the JAVA_HOME environment in a path that contains spaces.
- Revision 4130 (Issue #3129) -- Fixed the --j/--bindPasswordFile option for task-based utilities (stop-ds, export-ldif, import-ldif, etc.) to not prompt for input.
- Revision 4131 (Issue #3110) -- Fixed the default tools in the config/java.properties file.
- Revision 4138 (Issue #3132) -- Updated the uninstall log file to record if the user has aborted or quit the installation.
- Revision 4142 (Issue #3130) -- Fixed ldifsearch to be consistent with ldapsearch. Now uses --searchScope, instead of --scope.
- Revision 4143 (Issue #3131) -- Fixed the webinstaller for Windows upgrades.
- Revision 4155 (Issue #3173) -- Fixed the localized values "true/false" for a subcommand for manage-account.
- Revision 4156 (Issue #3139) -- Improved the performance of ds-replication when used with multiple backends.
- Revision 4171 (Issue #3180) -- Updated setup to detect the Java version. The minimum Java version required is 1.5.0_08.
- Revision 4180 (Issues #2979 and #2980) -- Added index buffering capabilities to the JE backend to avoid using a fixed lock timeout for subtree delete and mod DN operations.
- Revision 4185 (Issue #2852) -- Fixed an issue that caused potential deadlocks when the server was under heavy add/modify load.
- Revision 4186 (Issue #3147) -- Provided localized versions of messages.
- Revision 4190 (Issues #3141, 3143, and 3146) -- Various improvements to the SNMP implementation.
- Revision 4204 (Issue #3213) -- Resolved potential deadlocks in the JE backend when performing modify operations.
- Revision 4207 (Issue #3184) -- Fixed an issue where the restore command exited with status 0 despite failure due to a corrupt backup archive.
- Revision 4208 (Issue #902) -- The ldapcompare command now requires at least one DN.
- Revision 4209 (Issues #3214, 3215, 3216, 3217, and 3219) -- Various improvements to the SNMP monitoring implementation.
- Revision 4210 (Issue #3161) -- Various performance improvements to the import utility.
- Revision 4211 (Issue #3208) -- Fixed an issue where deleteing the last few entries indexed by a VLV index could cause a NPE.
- Revision 4212 (Issue #3220) -- Fixed a null pointer exception raised by the uninstallcommand.
- Revision 4213 (Issue #3221) -- Fixed an issue in which the uninstall command returned 0 but failed if the LDAP connection was rejected.
- Revision 4216 (Issue #3185) -- Fixed an issue in which running the restore command with the --dry-run option did actually manipulate the backend.
- Revision 4217 (Issue #3224) -- Fixed an issue in which the uninstall process raised an execption if the specified keystore did not exist.
- Revision 4221 (Issue #3218) -- When applying schema modifications, the upgrade mechanism now adds attribute definitions before objectclass definitions.