OpenDS 1.0.0-build011 is now available
By Ludo on Feb 11, 2008
We have uploaded OpenDS 1.0.0-build011, built from revision 3813 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder. The direct link to download the core server is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/85139/OpenDS-1.0.0-build011.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/85140/OpenDS-1.0.0-build011-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL
http://www2.opends.org/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www2.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.0.0-build011
Beware of one limitation:
1. Upgrade/revert can not be supported due to an incompatibility introduced between build-010 and build-011.
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 1.0.0-build010 include:
- Revision 3661 (Issue #2446) -- Add a default ordering index for the ds-sync-hist attribute. This index is required for replication.
- Revision 3664 (Issue #2814) -- Fix an issue that caused dsreplication enable to fail when a user attempted to enable replication between a server with a global administrator and a server with no global administrator.
- Revision 3666 (Issue #2640) -- Add support for installation from RPM packages.
- Revision 3669 -- Add support to the administration framework for retrieving an internationalized description of the constraints applicable to an aggregation property.
- Revision 3670 (Issue #2805) -- Fix an issue in which changes to the replication purge delay parameter were not taken into account until after the server was restarted.
- Revision 3671 (Issue #2823) -- Fix an issue that was causing the replication heartbeat monitor thread to die suddenly.
- Revisions 3674 & 3675 (Issue #2806) -- Avoid using the com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean class within the org.opends.server.util.RuntimeInformation class (which broke compatability with the IBM JDK on AIX).
- Revision 3680 (Issue #2830) -- Improvements to the build "test" target. This change modifies the "test" target so that it is as lightweight as possible but forgiving for first-time users.
- Revision 3686 (Issue #2499) -- Remove the option to use nanosecond etime resolution as a JVM property. It is now a global configuration property (etime-resolution).
- Revision 3687 (Issue #2811) -- Make dsreplication enable and dsreplication disable symmetric. When the last replicated suffix is disabled, replication on cn=schema and cn=admin data are also disabled and the registration information is updated.
- Revision 3689 (Issue #2004) -- Automatically generate HTML-based configuration documentation.
- Revision 3695 (Issue #1288) -- Make the number of listener threads for synchronization configurable.
- Revision 3700 (Issue #2822) -- Update the permissions of the root file of the installation so that files such as the configuration file are read-protected.
- Revision 3703 (Issue #2499) -- Additional enhancements to the ability to use nanosecond etime resolution.
- Revision 3706 (Issue #2855) -- Include a reference to the log file created by the setup in the event that the user requires more information than what is displayed.
- Revision 3708 (Issues #2831 and #1948) -- Change the local DB backend configuration so that the db-directory and import-temp-directory properties now name a parent directory within which a sub-directory is created having the same name as the backend-id. This simplifies configuration and reduces the risk of name collisions.
- Revision 3709 (Issue #2850) -- Fix a problem that was causing the server to hang after several abandons.
- Revision 3714 (Issue #2861) -- Fix an error in the logger configuration manager that was causing duplicate log messages.
- Revision 3715 (Issue #2862) -- Fix an error that was causing the online backup to consider errors as warnings.
- Revision 3720 (Issue #1302) -- Change the connection algorithm of an LDAP server so that each LDAP server chooses the replication server that is most up to date regarding changes received across the topology.
- Revision 3727 -- Fix an issue that was causing exception errors when running an import on an empty backend.
- Revision 3735 -- Fix an issue that caused LDAP connections to be performed on the local host, even if a specific listen-address was specified in the config.ldif file.
- Revision 3738 (Issue #2602) -- Index definition is no longer required to change an object's configuration. A severe warning is now logged in the error log instead of preventing the configuration change.
- Revision 3740 (Issue #2781) -- Fix an unchecked exception during database transaction by updating the JE to version 3.2.70.
- Revision 3743 (Issue #2863) -- Fix an issue that caused processes to continue running when all replication servers were stopped simultaneously.
- Revision 3745 (Issue #2353) -- Improve the error handling in logger retention policy enforcement.
- Revision 3755 (Issue #2872) -- Simplify and improve the usage of the dsjavaproperties command.
- Revision 3773 (Issue #2232) -- Log a message when the back end is taken offline.
- Revision 3774 (Issue #2358) -- Add progress information to the verify-index command.
- Revision 3786 (Issue #2870) -- Provide the ability for the status and dsreplication status commands to show replication monitoring.
- Revision 3801 (Issue #2887) -- Fix an issue that was causing the status command to exit with 0 despite connection errors being reported. Now, if there is an error reading the configuration, a specific error code is returned.
- Revision 3806 (Issue #2772) -- Change the logging mechanism so that, if the preload value is set, the following items are logged automatically: the backend being preloaded, its individual databases as they are being preloaded, completion or interruption status and interruption reason.
- Revision 3810 (Issue #2820) -- Fix an issue in which an uncaught deadlock exception caused a fatal replication failure.
- Revision 3812 (Issue #2598) -- Provide the ability to monitor replication globally.