OpenDS 1.0.0-build009 is now available
By Ludo on Dec 21, 2007
We have just uploaded OpenDS 1.0.0-build009, built from revision 3597 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder. The direct link to download the core server is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/80019/OpenDS-1.0.0-build009.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/80022/OpenDS-1.0.0-build009-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www2.opends.org/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at
Major changes incorporate since OpenDS 1.0.00-build08 include:
- Revision 3468 (Issue #2214) -- Add the ability to accept certificates permanently in the graphical user interface. Fix an issue where the Subject DN of the certificate was not parsed correctly and and reported a host name mismatch.
- Revision 3469 (Issue #1902) -- Fix an issue where dsconfig set-backend-prop did not check whether values provided exceeded the maximum value for a property.
- Revision 3470 -- Add checks to avoid problems with DN comparison in the QuickSetup code.
- Revision 3473 (Issue #2347) -- Fix an issue in which the dsconfig command would exit of no JE indexes were configured and a user attempted to view or edit them.
- Revision 3485 (Issue #2613) -- Fix a problem with the upgrade commands which were breaking the replication mechanism.
- Revision 3486 (Issue #2618) -- Fix an issue in which the dsframework register-server command was failing.
- Revision 3487 (Issue #2617) -- Fix a NullPointerException in the dsreplication status command.
- Revision 3488 (Issue #2085) -- Partial fix for a problem in which dsconfig did not close connections properly. This fix applies to dsconfig interactive mode only.
- Revision 3489 -- Add two targets (run-server and run-dsconfig) that enable you to run the server or dsconfig without using a shell script, for example, from Netbeans. Also add two targets (nb-debug-server and nb-debug-dsconfig") that enable you to debug the server and dsconfig from Netbeans.
- Revision 3492 (Issue #2614) -- Allow the ldif-directory property of an LDIF connection handler to be a relative path.
- Revision 3493 -- Add nodetach to get server output when using the run-server and nb-debug-server targets. Enable debugging in the nb-debug-server target. Add a new nb-profile-server target for one click server profiling from NetBeans.
- Revision 3499 (Issue #2565) -- Fix a Java Exception that occurred during replication conflict resolution.
- Revision 3504 (Issue #2630) -- Fix a problem in in which the dsreplication pre-external-initialization command did not work correctly with a binary copy.
- Revision 3507 (Issue #1732) -- Provide bundled installation documentation in an html file called install.html at the top level install directory.
- Revision 3511 (Issue #2319) -- Protect access to the dc=replicationChanges suffix by default, using a global ACI that denies all operations for all users other than the Directory Manager.
- Revision 3513 (Issues #2007 and #2049) -- Provide a generic mechanism for using multiple caches and fix an issue in which dsconfig was unable to configure the entry cache.
- Revision 3519 (Issue #2615) -- Fix a deadlock in the change log trimming that caused a subsequent deadlock of the replication server.
- Revision 3522 (Issue #2331) -- Fix an issue in which the manage-tasks command was always run interactively.
- Revision 3525 (Issue #2655) -- The class org.opends.server.replication.server.ReplicationCache has been renamed as org.opends.server.replication.server.ReplicationServerDomain.
- Revision 3528 (Issue #2633) -- Fix an issue in which new updates were not replicated when initializing a topology with dsreplication initialize-all, unless the server on which the data was originally imported was restarted.
- Revision 3529 (Issue #2658) -- Fix a problem causing unexpected behavior when monitoring the entry cache.
- Revision 3532 (Issue #2587) -- Fix an issue in which dsreplication enable failed to initialize the schema of a secondary server if the user schema contained a new object class dependent on a new attribute type.
- Revision 3536 (Issue #2661) -- Make the classes in org.opends.messages public so that they can be referenced from other public APIs.
- Revision 3538 (Issue #2086) -- Make FIFO the default entry cache instead of Soft Reference.
- Revision 3543 (Issue #2599) -- Fix an issue in which the replication mechanism added the modifiersName and modifyTimestamp to schema updates, introducing an inconsistency between the schema on replicated instances.
- Revision 3555 (Issue #2612) -- Fix an issue in which initialization of the ADS failed when both servers were configured for replication separately.
- Revision 3557 (Issue #2648) -- Ensure that the dsconfig and dsreplication commands support IPv6 addresses.
- Revision 3559 (Issue #2742) -- Add the objectClass attribute to the Root DSE operational attributes global ACI.
- Revision 3572 (Issues #2730 and #2620) -- Provide a way for users to set specific JAVA arguments (and use a specific JVM) for every command-line utility.
- Revision 3574 (Issue #2751) -- Fix an issue in which the account status notification handler could not be enabled if the template files were referenced with a relative path.
- Revision 3575 (Issue #2767) -- Fix an issue in which using the entryDN attribute with userattr inheritance was broken.
- Revision 3576 (Issue #2759) -- Add the objectClass attribute to the list of target attributes in the global ACI that grants anonymous read access - this issue prevented anonymous users from seeing cn=schema.
- Revision 3577 -- Fix a bug which prevented the Java WebStart installer from setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
- Revision 3582 (Issue #1862) -- Provide a verbose option with the setup command. By default, the graphical setup and the command-line setup run in non-verbose mode.
- Revision 3585 (Issue #2446) -- (Partial fix). Add support to the administration framework for specifying one or more "default" managed objects which should be created automatically when a parent managed object is created. This is the first step in creating default indexes automatically when a new backend is created.
- Revision 3586 (Issue #2446) -- Define default indexes that should be created when a new Local DB Backend is created. The default indexes are aci (presence), objectClass (equality), and entryUUID (equality).
- Revision 3591 (Issue #2451) -- It is now possible to override the default naming argument for dsconfig sub-commands using the CLI profile in the XML definitions. To do this add the naming-argument-override attribute to a relation's CLI profile relation element.
- Revision 3592 (Issue #2451) -- The CLI naming argument for virtual attributes has been over-ridden and is now name.
- Revision 3595 (Issue #2741) -- Fix an issue in which adding and removing ACIs made the server unstable.
- Revision 3596 (Issue #138) -- Various fixes and improvements to the DSML gateway.