Just installed : Sun xVM VirtualBox 2.0
By Ludo on Sep 04, 2008
I've just installed the newly released Sun xVM VirtualBox 2.0 on my MacBook Pro.
Here some of the new features :
- 64 bits guest support (64 bits host only)
- New native Leopard user interface on MacOS X hosts
- The GUI was converted from Qt3 to Qt4 with many visual improvements
- New-version notifier
- Guest property information interface
- Host Interface Networking on Mac OS X hosts
- Host Interface Networking on Solaris 10 hosts
- Support for Nested Paging on modern AMD-V CPUs (major performance gain)
- Framework for collecting performance and resource usage data (metrics)
- Clipboard integration for OS/2 Guests
- Support for VHD images
- Created separate SDK component featuring a new Python programming interface on Linux and Solaris hosts
You can download VirtualBox 2.0 for free now !
Here's a screen shot of my desktop running OpenSolaris 2008.05 as the guest OS in Seamless mode.