A Special Day today...
By Ludo on Jul 28, 2008
Today is the second anniversary of the OpenDS project: an open source LDAP directory service written in Java.
Taking a few minutes to look back at the year that just passed, I'm proud of what we've done.
First we've released OpenDS 1.0 for the community. We now have a complete and fully featured LDAP directory server, easy to use, embeddable, extensible, reliable, fast... And we're about to release the Sun supported version : Sun OpenDS Standard Edition 1.0. I'm sure you'll hear more about it in the coming days.
We've grown our community of users and developers despite going through internal re-organization. We have almost doubled the number of committers in a year, receiving contributions in tests, functionalities, code and designs. The number of registered users has reached the 200 mark.
We've done well but there is still a lot to do for the coming years. We need to continue to deliver the functionalities our users and customers want. We need to continue to grow OpenDS ecosystem and community.
So come and have a part of the journey with us. There are many ways to interact with the OpenDS community, beside playing and running the code:
- Sign-up for a Java.net account and request a role on OpenDS
- Subscribe to the OpenDS users or dev Mailing lists
- Browse or Search the OpenDS mailing lists archive with MarkMail
- Read and write about OpenDS on the OpenDS documentation wiki
- Call in our monthly public meetings
- Chat about OpenDS on the #opends IRC channel
- Tweet about OpenDS
- Wear OpenDS from the OpenDS CafePress store
- Dive into the OpenDS stats with OpenDS @ ohloh
- Tag the OpenDS news @ SWiK
- Decorate your profile on Facebook with the OpenDS FaceBook Group
- Network with OpenDS users and developers from the OpenDS LinkedIn Group
- Network with more OpenDS users and developers from the OpenDS Plaxo Group