'Print View' for blogs.sun.com by GreaseMonkey script
By katsumii on Sep 12, 2008
How do you guys save or print out the great entries on blogs.sun.com without any frills? Like you do when viewing wiki, other sun.com pages, newspaper articles?
I have been using 2 methods.
- copy&paste if it's text only entry.
- Use firebug and "Copy innerHTML" to save the core part to local file. Open the file in browser again.
AppleGrew's Mind: My first GreaseMonkey script: Blogspot Post PrintView
Great! I copied and changed 3 or 4 lines to make it work for a popular blog theme on blogs.sun.com. This theme is used by these 2 colleagues, for example.
- Java CAPS Tip : Building a JMS Browser Monitoring / Management Plug-in Module for NetBeans 6.1 : The Crooked Stick
- Bill Vass' Weblog
So, how does the script work? Here are 2 screenshots for the former one.
1. 'Print' button appears next to timestamp.
2. Click on 'Print' link. All decorations are removed!
I think our CEO Jonathan uses a different theme. But my GreaseMonkey script sort of works.
Jonathan Schwartz's Blog: Fanning the Winds of Change in Storage
1. 'Print' link appears next to timestamp.
2. Click on 'Print' link. Texts are center aligned so they are hard to read.
My script can be copied from here.