MySQL and Zmanda -- start to understand it
By Jennifer Glore on Oct 23, 2008
I'm trying to learn more about Zmanda and MySQL. It's just ones of those topics that is on my list of things to Google. At this point, I know that Zmanda can do backup and recovery for MySQL, but that is about it. I'd really like to get a better grasp of the technology and how it benefits a MySQL user. Interestingly enough, over the past week or so, I've found a few mentions of Zmanda in my inbox that might speed this learning process along. So, I thought that I would share them with those people who find themselves in the same situation.
- Whitepaper: Zmanda Recovery Manager
- Webinar: The Essentials of MySQL Backup & Recovery : Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL on Thursday, November 06, 2008, 16:00 GMT, 17:00 CET Register
- Webinar: Troubleshooting Performance Issues and Managing Backup/Recovery with MySQL Enterprise and Zmanda Recovery Manager on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 10:00 am PST Register
- Zmanda backup tool article in the fall issue of MySQL Magazine. All of the issues are available for free download from http://www.mysqlzine.net (thanks to the editor for sending me this information. I hadn't seen it yet
Additionally, I have discovered that there are people at Sun that have made sure that Zmanda's products work well with ours. One of these people is Tom Hanvey. I'm sure that others were involved as well. Thanks for all of your hard work, which includes:
- The Amanda Enterprise backup and Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL have both been certified on Solaris 10 (x86+SPARC), and their products work with OpenSolaris as well.
- They are also certified on the x4540, x4150, x4240 out J4200, J4400 with our raid and non-raid SAS HBAs with or without ZFS.
- Whitepaper: Sun Fire X4540 Server as Backup Server for Zmanda's Amanda Enterprise 2.6 Software
Additionally, more papers will be coming, so look out for them.
Now, I just need to carve out some time to familiarize myself with Zmanda's products.