If you would like to develop deeper Solaris skills, the
excellent opportunities. This year, the conference will be held in
Boston on June 22-27. It includes vendor exhibits, training sessions and
invited talks. This year the keynote address is by David Patterson,
Director of the U.C. Berkeley Parallel Computing Laboratory, on
"The Parallel Revolution Has Started: Are You Part of the Solution or Part of the Problem?"
Many tutorials will be available, including these five
- Solaris 10 Administration Workshop - by Peter Baer Galvin
- Systems and Network Performance Tuning - by Marc Staveley
- Solaris 10 Security Features Workshop - by Peter Baer Galvin
- Solaris 10 Performance, Observability & Debugging - by Jim Mauro
- Resource Management with Solaris Containers - Jeff Victor (yes, me)
My session covers the concepts, uses and administrative interfaces of
Solaris Resource Management, focusing on Solaris Containers . It will include
a lab session using the new OpenSolaris LiveCD. If you don't (yet...) run
Solaris or OpenSolaris on your laptop, you will still be able to boot
OpenSolaris from the CD and temporarily use Containers on your laptop, without
modifying your normal laptop operating system.
registration saves $$$, but ends this Friday, June 6.