Making Sense of the Java Platform Classes and Tools: Trail: 2D Graphics
By dananourie on Jun 05, 2007
This trail introduces you to the Java 2D API and shows you how to display and print 2D graphics in your Java programs. The trial is intended for developers who want to enrich their knowledge of the Java 2D API, as well as for beginners in computer graphics. Almost every section contains relevant examples to illustrate specific capabilities. The Java 2D API enables you to easily perform the following tasks:
- Draw lines, rectangles and any other geometric shape.
- Fill those shapes with solid colors or gradients and textures.
- Draw text with options for fine control over the font and rendering process.
- Draw images, optionally applying filtering operations.
- Apply operations such as compositing and transforming during any of the above rendering operations.
This chapter also explains less familiar concepts such as compositing.
Read the tutorial: