SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 11 // GF v2.1 - Patch 5
By pelegri on Sep 27, 2009
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 11 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 5 of GlassFish 2.1. It was released on September 25th, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 11 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 5 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
September 25th, 2009
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 11 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 5 for GlassFish v2.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 27 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - java system application server 8.1 silent install should have $HOME feature
•  - Details on setting extra passwords for Crypto devices is not clear or missing for Automatic startup
•  - INSTANCE-SYNC-JVM-OPTIONS cannot take multiple JVM values
•  - High session persistence traffic/workload (or maxIdleBackupSeconds need to be configurable)
•  - Suppress log message seen during deployment (unless log level is set to FINE)
•  - Generic JMS RA loses messages when application fails to initialize fully
•  - Upgrading to the new NSS bits
•  - GlassFish: SJSXP: XML streaming parser spins indefinitely if input stream is broken prematurely
•  - Deployment of MDB with annotations creates wrong destinations
•  - OutOfMemory Error with IIOP-based deserialization
•  - High CPU usage in AS9.1_02
•  - Upgrade the version of MQ4.3/4.1 for v2.1
•  - GlassFish identifies itself in the HTTP Server: header
•  - RequestDispatcher directory traversal vulnerabiltiy
•  - GLASSFISH/redirect_n function is making unwanted matches
•  - com.sun.enterprise.http.sessionTracker attribute exposed in HttpServletRequest.
•  - Intgrate Metro 1.1.9 build
•  - Version Changes for Glassfish P05
•  - Fix XMLDSig vulnerability
•  - distributed txn issue
•  - Backport issue 8685 to GF v2.1
•  - Integrate new jdk 1.5.0_20 in V2.1
•  - Integrate new ASLB-aslb9.1.1-b12
•  - Stage and integrate new NSS3.12.3-20090813 bits
•  - Transaction doesnt recover when xa.end call throws exception (9210)
•  - gfv2.1p5--unable to start the cluster and cluster instances
•  - Gfv2.1P05 patch README file has typo error
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):