SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 10 // GF v2.1 - Patch 4
By pelegri on Aug 27, 2009
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 10 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 4 of GlassFish 2.1. It was released on August 17th, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 10 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 4 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
August 17th, 2009
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 10 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 4 for GlassFish v2.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 14 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - Bundling jdk 1.5.0_16
•  - Prefer validating idle connections over recreating for ValidatingMCFs
•  - there should be a option for users to take backup on their own for inplace upgrade
•  - LoadBalancer plugin in Apache is logging at wrong logging level.
•  - in-place upgrade does not take its own backup into account when checks for disk space (AS8.1_02 EE)
•  - Redirect loop with SGES 2.1 LB plugin for Apache
•  - Update GF 2.1 with the new woodstock jars
•  - FileCache does not keep-alive properly http 1.0 request
•  - Thread locks up when accessing a web service running on SGES 2.1 using a .net client
•  - Glassfish password file should support password-alias for securetoken passwords for startup commands
•  - Unnecessary message(system.out) in Patch03.
•  - Integrate new LB Plugin for V2.1 patch 04
•  - Overly Verbose Logging from Apache LB Plugin
•  - asadmin not working after running install in ES
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):