SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 9 // GF v2.1 - Patch 3
By pelegri on Jul 26, 2009
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 9 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 3 of GlassFish 2.1. It was released on June 26th, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 9 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 3 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
June 26th, 2009
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 9 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 3 for GlassFish v2.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 18 unique defects.
OBSOLETE - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 10 / GF v2.1 Patch 4
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - Table based validation the default for any Oracle DataSource Connection Pool
•  - lbplugin leaks memory when idempotent request is configured.
•  - LBPlugin healthcheck cannot be disabled as described from docs
•  - wget on a request to a resource results in 302 redirection affecting performance
•  - Unsafe initialisation of Web XML and Context Digesters in org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
•  - Monitoring does not capture statistics for SLSB create/remove calls
•  - while doing inplace upgrade the password inputs not required
•  - Unable to start domain when bound to an interface that does not correspond to "localhost"
•  - newly created instance did not synchronize application bits with DAS during start up
•  - Instances unable to synchronize with DAS afer installing SSL certificate
•  - PoolCounters should have their own locks not sharing with ResourcePool (AS9.1_02)
•  - Multihomed server will not start with address set to a specific IP
•  - Gfv2.1 Patch2 index.html page is not upadted with correct version
•  - Keepalive timeout is ignored if acceptor thread configured greater than 1.
•  - WS7 generates core dump when shutdown if SUN loadbalancer lbplugin is installed
•  - Fix #5027 in V2.1
•  - create-password-alias does not update the domain.xml as specified in the doc
•  - In v2.1 patch3 upgrade "Exisitng Installation Detected windows" shows incorrect pacth ID
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):