SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 7 // GF v2.1 - Patch 1
By pelegri on Apr 05, 2009
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 7 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is logically also the first patch for GlassFish 2.1. It was released on April 2nd, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 7 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 1 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
Apr 2nd, 2009
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is the 7 patch for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also the first patch for GlassFish 2.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 31 unique defects.
OBSOLETE - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 8 / GF v2.1 Patch 2
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 checkServerTrusted() should return true if CA of server cert exists inside the truststore (AS9.1_02)
•  Need Fix for appserver bugs Customer needs fixes for the following bugs: 1062 and 671
•  Integrate LB in v2.1-patch-01
•  new jvm option provided for starting appserver when remote mq broker is down
•  Upgrade issue from GFv2.1 to GFv2.1 patch1
•  Stand-alone instances sometimes obtain files from other instances on syncing to DAS at startup
•  [IT:4883] Application specific classloder (applibs / --libraries) not used by JSP compilation
•  Creating a domain with a user with limited space in home dir corrupts the .asadmintruststore
•  IssueTracker 3888 - Can't create new InitialContext with different host
•  [IT:4021]Resouce Injection does not work in HandlerChain due to EJB initialization order
•  CORBA NO_PERMISSION 9998 error when accessing remote server MEJBs
•  unable to start appserver if mq broker is not up
•  startup messages from ./asadmin start-cluster to noisy when some uncritical parts fail
•  appserver to appserver authentication defect when using "iiop client authentication required"
•  Cannot access server scope system-property after config scope system-property is deleted
•  Appserver Load Balancer plugin making websrever to crash
•  Monitoring Instances Configured Under Cluster doesn't Work
•  Minor XSS vulnerability
•  LB Plugin Build ID not updated in patch
•  AS is only QA/Certified with a narrow set of MQ versions, this restriction is undocumented
•  AS9.1 LBPlugin on Microsoft Windows IIS does not return 302 requests quickly, waits timeout period.
•  AS9.1 very, very slow to sychronize an 80Mb application via node agent, with `cluster' profile
•  IT:6835 Load Balancer xml file is not updated when EJB based web service is deployed
•  JVM threads being blocked during startup of instance for unknown reasons.
•  redirect_n does not work with query parameters and cookieless feature
•  [snmp] support snmp property settings in GUI
•  Misleading Messages when you run start/stop cluster
•  "_Support for Cookies and URL rewriting in V2.1"
•  jvmRoute not reset in JSESSIONID Cookie during fail-over
•  IT:7122 needs to be fixed in Glassfish patch
•  start-domain gives SEVERE message Upgrading a MQ resource adapter failed in server.log
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):