SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 21 // GF v2.1 - Patch 15 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 9
By pelegri on Nov 19, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 21 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Oracle's Commercial Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 15 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 9 of GlassFish 2.1.1. The file-based patches were released on November 15th, 2010; patches using packages have not been released yet.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 21 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 15 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 9 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
Nov 15th, 2010 (File-Based); others not yet available.
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 21 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 15 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 9 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It contains the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 11 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - Problem with /tmp directory contents
•  - Custom Validation needs to be included in GF
•  - grizzly ClassCastException: java.lang.Long cannot be cast to javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine
•  - Glassfish doesn't initialise MDB on deployment
•  - Synchronizing a large application which worked in <=2.1.1p3 fails with an EOF error with 2.1.1p4+
•  - 'ORA-01453: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction' error message.
•  - Node agent does not let Java truststore to be overridden
•  - Backport issue https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=12024 to GF 2.1 or 2.1.1
•  - Glassfish GUI admin password change screen allows passwords shorter then 8 characters
•  - Integrate new Metro 1.6 B06 for GF 2.1.1 P06
•  - Version changes and README updates for GF v2.1.1 P09
see the patch description for further details.