SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 20 // GF v2.1 - Patch 14 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 8
By pelegri on Oct 15, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 20 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Oracle's Commercial Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 14 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 8 of GlassFish 2.1.1. The file-based patches were released on Sept 29th, 2010; some packages on Oct 12th, 2010, the rest on Oct 15th, 2010.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 20 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 14 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 8 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
Sept 29th, 2010 (File-Based); Oct 12th, 2010 (x86 Solaris pkgs).
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 20 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 14 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 8 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It contains the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 17 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
•  - SGES logger still refer to 2.1 whereas it should be 2.1.1 (SGES v2.1.1 b24)
•  - BigIP health check cause load balancer plugin (b16) w/Apache2.2.15 on SLES10SP2 64bit to misbehave
•  - Performance Monitor doesn't show more informations for instances in a cluster when set to "LOW".
•  - GUI shows log files only for stand-alone servers and not for clustered instances
•  - Inconsistent behavior when a JDBC Resource is deployed to multiple targets
•  - FPE ( floating point exception ) at "WeightedActiveDaemonEntryList::getFromList"
•  - Too many connections in TIME_WAIT status when GF 2.1.1 LB Plugin is used with Apache 2.2.x
•  - per-request-load-balancing tag missing in public available sun-ejb-jar_3_0-1.dtd
•  - if domain.xml backup quietly fails, don't write changes to domain.xml either
•  - Glassfish Comet processing can be slowed or delayed by slow/dead clients
•  - Third party crypto accelerator doesn't work with 2.1.1 patch
•  - Enabling or Disabling an application deployed to a cluster in the Admin GUI results in a GUI Error
•  - GlassFish Performance manager is unable to display applications/resources under clustered instances.
•  - Jroute cookie missing when you set "rewrite-cookies" value to false in the loadbalancer.xml
•  - PKCS11 fixes in jdk6u14+ creates issued in GF
•  - stage and integrate Grizzly 1.0.37 for esc:83260933
•  - Stage new MQ 4.4 U2 Patch1 for GF 3.0.1
see the patch description for further details.