SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 19 // GF v2.1 - Patch 13 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 7
By pelegri on Aug 26, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 19 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Oracle's Commercial Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 13 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 7 of GlassFish 2.1.1. The file-based patches were released on Aug 19th, 2010; the packages on Aug 30th, 2010.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 19 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 13 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 7 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
August 19th, 2010 (File-Based); August 30th, 2010 (package-based).
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 19 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 13 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 7 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It contains the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 51 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
•  - ORB using the wrong stream format version of 2 and should be 1.
•  - SMF service manifest created by asadmin create-service is not "production" quality or robust
•  - asadmin monitor command has no time output against the monitoring data.
•  - Need to set JMX/RMI hostname for the nodeagent when binding JMX port to non-default interface
•  - JSF JSP taglib validation does not work correctly (when --precompilejsp=true used)
•  - UserTransaction throws NPE in SOAPHandler of EJB Web Service [copy of Glassfish issue tracker# 11673
•  - Request to backport Orb defect 6372405 into the GlassFish ORB.
•  - Integrate new JSF 1.2.14
•  - Admin GUI throws ClientSniffer NullPointerException at StringTokenizer.<init>
•  - GlassFish/SailFin should be able to cope with customer's use of GMS API for config management
•  - GF requires restart if external LDAP connection configured as external JNDI resource got closed
•  - monitor-interval-in-seconds is not being read by LB
•  - Regression in defect 6877519 - it didn't supply a 64-bit version of the shared library as requested
•  - Update synchronization description files to ignore core and hs_err_pid files in the DAS config dir
•  - GlassFish Performance Advisor memory leak detector fails to respond to growth of tenured generation
•  - Loadbalancer plugin doesn't display the custom error-url="...." page when context-root="/"
•  - Need fix for V2.1.1 LB plugin on WS7u8 to avoid crash of web server on SuSE Linux
•  - Integrate new LB in V2.1.1-patch-07
•  - UDDI version shows 3.0 which has to be UDDI 2.0
•  - Need to do group memberships for non-certificate realms
•  - Integrate new ORB
•  - Exception on SSL service process causes listner threads hang eventually SSL service stops responding
•  - Integrate new Woodstock
•  - Integrate new version of MQ 4.4_20100525
•  - Build and stage New LB for GF v2.1.1 P07
•  - Build and stage New ORB bits for GF v2.1.1 P07
•  - context needs to be closed before re-creating a new one
•  - flaw in web content for new load-balance option with regards to verification check
•  - Build and integrate new NSS3.12.7 for GF2.1.1 P07
•  - Build and stage new appserv-native bits for GF 2.1.1 p07
•  - Jdbc transaction auto-commit when application server is shutting down.
•  - add code into LoggingPrintStream to implement flush() so that it does not BLOCK (SGES v2.1)
•  - Unable to add JVM option to Profiler in SGCS admin GUI
•  - Integrate new JAX-RPC (Metro) into v2.1.1
•  - Enabling/disabling an application on a cluster gives an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
•  - When setting up a Profiler name containing a blank space, the response page is the Exception report
•  - Require configurable want|need support for client-auth
•  - glassfish log viewer does not provide access to rotated logs
•  - startInstance method call flow changed which breaks backword compatibility
•  - Grizzly's SSLOutputWriter assumption is always that Thread.currentThread() is type SSLWorkerThread
•  - JPA Master-detail persistence - when adding the detail, you get TWO inserts
•  - domain.xml file size zeroed out
•  - NodeAgents creating too many unnecessary threads
•  - When setting up a Profiler name containing a special char, the response page is the Exception report
•  - Integrate metro 1.1.13 into v2.1.1
•  - Fix regression for 6793693
•  - Build, stage and integrate new NSS 3.12.6 jars
•  - Stage new grizzly bits for Glassfish v2.1.1 P06
•  - com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.max_history_files is not working at all
•  - java.lang.OutOfMemory when deploying and undeploying ear's multiple times
•  - Version changes and README updates for P06
see the patch description for further details.