SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 16 // GF v2.1 - Patch 10 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 4
By pelegri on Apr 29, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 16 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 10 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 4 of GlassFish 2.1.1. It was released on April 22nd, 2010.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 16 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 10 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 4 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
April 22nd, 2010
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 16 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 10 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 4 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 25 unique defects.
Obsolete - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 17 / GF v2.1 Patch 11 / GF v2.1.1 p5
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - cts5 servlet testsuite failure :ERROR: org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException
•  - "idle-timeout-in-seconds" cannot set to zero
•  - PID -1 being logged in .__com_sun_appserv_pid WHEN -d64 (SJSAS9.1_01)
•  - perpetual SerialContext.lookup()loop if remote provider obj ref exists but remote end is dead
•  - RegistrationException due to not nececssary attempt to update servicetag-registry.xml
•  - security-constraint matching request not redirected as per redirect-port (SGES v2.1.1)
•  - rich client (ACC) TCP RST packet results into IDLE socket tied to the ORB (SGES v2.1)
•  - SGES 2.1 p1: file cache breaks virtual server docroot discrimination
•  - ASADMIN JVM monitoring -- get operation returns incorrect data
•  - security propagation does not work sporadically
•  - Upgrade from GF 2.1(p5) to 2.1(p8) unable to start 2nd domain by user not owning base installation
•  - Empty request entity received
•  - LBP's weighted round robin policy not working when context root is set to /
•  - DAS does not use an instance's jmx address or client-hostname when connecting to the instance or NA
•  - PWC4013 logged in server log for request not thru lbplugin or lbplugin healthcheck request
•  - We need to clearly document which Operating Systems are supported for the LoadBalancer plugin
•  - Dynamically loading 64 bit libjvminfoutil.so
•  - Application loaded with exception sends loading notification
•  - Stage new appserv-native bits for glassfish v2.1.1
•  - Version changes and READMe updates for P04
•  - Build and stage new LB for GF v2.1.1 P04
•  - Stage new Grizzly(1.0.33) for Glassfish v2.1.1 P04
•  - Exception Stack traces not logged in GlassFish
•  - Build and stage new ORB for GF V2.1.1 P04
•  - The asadmin monitor command returns a garbled output online help
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):