SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 15 // GF v2.1 - Patch 9 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 3
By pelegri on Apr 15, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 15 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 9 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 3 of GlassFish 2.1.1. It was released on March 15th, 2010.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 15 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 9 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 3 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
March 15th, 2010
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 15 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 9 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 3 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 25 unique defects.
Obsolete - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 16 / GF v2.1 Patch 10 / GF v2.1.1 p4
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
 - LBPlugin memory leaks when NSAPI PathCheck directive takes effect with REQ_ABORTED
•  - LBplugin leaks when used with SiteMinder plugin (or any plugins that uses request_translate_uri)
•  - Gfv2.1.1P2B2 certificate has expired
•  - Error message "Cannot use resource in unshareable scope" when using 2 datasources, one XA and the ot
•  - LDAPRealm (bound to ActiveDirectory) groupmembership error
•  - Unable to use config/password aliases in the admin-realm used to validate admin user/password
•  - [IT:3067]Could not get Attributes for WebModule MBean
•  - Loadbalancer updates takes up server threads when changed done too often thru /lbconfigupdate
•  - Custom error pages do not work for HTTP error code 403
•  - Lblugin crash in strlen when the backend response is a HTTP redirection with Host header
•  - response header in access log [copy of Glassfish tracker issue# 10978]
•  - JNDI context is not correctly created under certain circumstances
•  - Username/Password missing in security header when WSIT is to use AsymmetricBinding + UsernameToken
•  - ORB request/response cannot pass LinkedHashMap objects
•  - Web Service Reference injection fails with JAX-WS 2.2/Metro 2.0 runtime
•  - isUserInRole always returns false [copy of Glassfish issue tracker issue# 10464]
•  - jdk 1.6.18+ is required to be integrated in GFv2.1.1
•  - Integrate new loadbalancer for 6913280
•  - Integrate new ORB for bug ID 6917814
•  - memory leak in gfv2.1.1, reference of ComponentInvocation left in memory if postInvoke fails
•  - GF 2.1.1 - Admin GUI doesn't save Session and Manager properties correctly in web container and SIP
•  - lookup of jdbc resources from one container to another is not possible
•  - Saving a new heartbeat address causes wrong cluster configuration to be shown
•  - Version Changes and Readme updates for GFV2.1.1 P03
•  - memory leak from ws security
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):