SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 13 // GF v2.1 - Patch 7 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 1
By pelegri on Dec 24, 2009
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 13 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 7 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 1 of GlassFish 2.1.1. It was released on December 18th, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 13 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 7 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 1 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
December 18th, 2009
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 13 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 7 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 1 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 31 unique defects.
Obsolete - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 14 / GF v2.1 Patch 8 / GF v2.1.1 p2
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
•  - log message for Validation time for Physical connection
•  - s1as self-signed cert is using MD5 signature as the Signing algorithm is unsecure
•  - Appserver can sometimes lose recoverable transactions with a fix for rfe 6673688
•  - Log viewing will hang and generate high cpu when the log file is log rotated/truncated.
•  - Grizzly leaks ConcurrentLinkedQueue when having Comet
•  - EJB methods statistics not updated [Monitoring]
•  - [IT:3067]Could not get Attributes for WebModule MBean
•  - numPotentialConnLeak not available in asadmin monitor type jdbcpool statistics (AS9.1_02)
•  - iiop requests taking more time
•  - Sync process can exit before its cleaned up the .com_sun_appserv_trash directory
•  - Port https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=8479 to 2.1
•  - Unable to bind the AS Local or Embedded Brokers to a specific network interface
•  - Exception raised when clicking on 'View Log Files' for an instance (log file is moved and renamed).
•  - SGES 2.1 displays warning msg inspite of correct entry in server.policy (rar deployment)
•  - Cannot set KeystoreType and TrustStoreType
•  - asadmin script to create Connector Connection Pool for Batch Adatper
•  - SGES should not resolve symbolic links (SGES v2.1.1)
•  - if http-service monitoring is on, then you get InstanceNotFoundException if module is disabled
•  - Glassfish crashes when using 64 bit jdk and writing to syslog
•  - EJB operation hangs in POA when a remote instance is crashed and restarted
•  - ConfigContextImpl lacks exception handling
•  - SGES2.1 : Memory leak and active transaction count issue with CMP transactions
•  - Transaction enters into freeze state when XAResource enlistment throws exception
•  - Toggling SIP listener puts DAS into `restart required' state
•  - NPE being thrown when swing client calls securized remote EJB method
•  - message driven bean resource values not being set correctly (SGES v2.1.1)
•  - BaseSynchronizationDriver.synchronizeInternal() casts ping exception as wrong type.
•  - Update version for the upgrade tool GUI
•  - README update for GF v2.1.1 P01
•  -Upgrade NSS bits to 3.12.5 for SSL3 & TLS Renegotiation Vulnerability.
•  -v2.1.1P01 Patch README has version mismatch
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):