Overview of SJS AS 9.0 (GF v1) Releases
By pelegri on Mar 30, 2008
GlassFish v1 is Sun's first Open Source release of Sun's App Server; the corresponding Sun branded distribution is Sun Java System Application Server 9.0, reflecting many earlier, closed-source, releases of ancestors of this code base. The original release was aligned with the final release of Java EE 5.
All patches are cumulative, i.e. fixes are accumulated in subsequent releases and the last digit in the release number often, but not always, matches its name; e.g. -01 is "Patch 1", but note that -05 is "Patch 4"!
The releases and patches so far are:
• SJS AS 9.0 (No-Cost - May 2006)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 (No-Cost - Oct 06)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 Patch 1 (Restricted - Dec 14, 2006)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 Patch 2 (Restricted - Jan 25, 2007)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 Patch 3 (Restricted - Mar 22, 2007)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 Patch 4 (Restricted - Oct 25, 2007)
• SJS AS 9.0 U1 Patch 5 (Restricted - Sep 15, 2008)
Note: Most customers should consider switching to the GlassFish v2-based releases (SJS AS 9.1) as they have improvements in functionality, reliability and performance.
Note: Many of the links above are forward links to entries that I will publish in the next day or two.