New Name for Sun's Distribution of GlassFish Server
By pelegri on Jun 28, 2008
(Note: The name change was originally announced on May 7th, 2008, during JavaOne 2008)
Sun's commercial distribution of the Open Source GlassFish Server has been renamed (Press Release) The new name Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server reflects more accurately the base of the distribution and will start appearing in future distributions. The old name (Sun Java System Application Server) will remain in some releases for a while.
The community/commercial relationship for the existing and (tentative) future releases is as follows:
- GlassFish v1 Family (Overview at GFB)
- GlassFish v1 - Sun Java System Aplication Server 9.0
- GlassFish v1 U1 - Sun Java System Application Server 9.0 U1
- GlassFish v2 Family (Overview at GFB)
- GlassFish v2 - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1
- GlassFish v2 U1 - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 U1
- GlassFish v2 U1 - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 U2
- GlassFish v2.1 - Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server 2.1 (tentative)
- GlassFish v3 Family (Overview@GFB)
For commercial patches refer to the family overview.