SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 17 // GF v2.1 - Patch 11 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 5
By pelegri on Jun 11, 2010
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 17 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 11 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 5 of GlassFish 2.1.1. It was released on June 3rd, 2010.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 17 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 11 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 5 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
June 3rd, 2010
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 17 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 11 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 5 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 19 unique defects.
OBSOLETE - Replaced by SJS AS 9.1 UR2 Patch 18 / GF v2.1 Patch 12 / GF v2.1.1 p6
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
•  - LbPlugin goes into HIGH cpu spin in SUN Webserver 7.x when using jsp:include in WS7
•  - Error when creating multiple instances on different IP addresses with the same default port numbers.
•  - PEInstancesManager.startInstance() invokes waitUntilStarted() with a hardcoded timeout of 20 mins
•  - deployment loop with management rules in place IF mail notification has been switched on (SGES v2.1)
•  - Logging thread deadlock when issues log rotation from Administration GUI/JConsole JMX
•  - LBplugin's healthcheck threads pings not cleaned up due to reconfig causing a lot of health pings
•  - Glassfish JMS Service and JMS Hosts entry selection does not work correctly
•  - LBplugin healthcheck hung/malfunction if a instance is marked unhealthy but is actually alive
•  - instance failed to start when security.policy file is removed from JVM settings
•  - Username null in access log for EJB WebService [copy of Glassfish issue tracker# 11081]
•  - Changing from GUI MDB "Initial and Minimum Pool Size" and "Maximum Pool Size" at the same time gives
•  - Uninstallation does not clear the productregistry properly
•  - NullPointerException during shutdown in com.sun.appserv.util.cache.BaseCache.java remove method
•  - jax-ws problem if sip.xml in ear file
•  - REGRESSION : asadmin start-cluster starts the clustered instances sequentially
•  - Integrate new Loadbalancer plugin
•  - Version and Readme updataion for GF-v2.1.1 P05
•  - ping-connection-pool check only for connector resources, should check for jdbc resources
•  - Integrate new JDK-1.6.0_20
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):