By pelegri on Nov 29, 2009
This release is available as both a No-Cost release and a commercial (Restricted) patch. The informal named used as a No-Cost release is GlassFish v2.1.1; the formal name used as part of the commercial (Restricted) patch is SJS AS 9.1 U2 (aka GF v2 U2) patch 12 which is also the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 patch 6. The two releases have identical content - the two names reflect the different roles as appropriate to the intended audiences.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 12 (aka GF v2.1 patch 6) is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Sun's Enterprise Support for GlassFish. The public version was released on October 28th, 2009, the patches/restricted version was released on November 4-6th, 2009.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 6 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
The public version was released on October 28th, 2009, the patches/restricted version was released on November 4-6th, 2009.
This is an unusual release in that it is available as both a No-Cost release and a commercial (Restricted) patch. The informal named used as a No-Cost release is GlassFish v2.1.1; the formal names used as part of the commercial (Restricted) patches are SJS AS 9.1 U2 (aka GF v2 U2) patch 12 and GlassFish v2.1 patch 06. The two releases have identical content - the different names reflect the different roles as appropriate to the intended audiences.
This release containes the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 121 unique defects
CURRENT (for No-Cost)
OBSOLETE (for Commercial/Restricted)
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
• 904 - extra-class-path attribute in
• 7105 Incorrect behaviour with HTTPServletResponse OutputStream#fl
• 9008 Client access to WEB-INF/ should return 404 status(REGRESSIO
• 9210 Transaction doesnt recover when xa.end call throws exception
• 6483 - I also meet it,when I test too many Concurrency by loadrunne
• 6849 - FileNotFoundException when starting cluster with EAR with mu
• 7152 - Serious performance regression for simple select-queries on
• 7182 - If "/" is used as context-root for web-module in load-balanc
• 7352 - HTTP request with fails for large attachments
• 8016 - Installer does not run in the default config
• 8404 - Installer does not run in the default config
• 8777 - unable to start instance using GUI
• 8781 - DAS is not seeing PlannedShutdown notifications
• 8991 - Many security realm related test cases failed in V2.1.1
• 9033 - SDK5U8: Unable to install on 32 bit Windows 7: Unsupported i
• 9070 - [BLOCKING]ClassCastException with Grizzly Blocking Mode
• 9091 - WorkManager doesn't call workCompleted/workRejected if excep
• 9095 - Redeploying an app looses "High Availability" state
• 9141 - [BLOCKING]PeerGroupException from jxta when creating cluster
• 9712 - Instance reboot causing http service stats not being returne
• 489 - Create Maven bundles for Glassfish artifacts
• 1537 - Add support for realm configuration at virtual server level
• 2654 - Add support for alternate docroots to webapps
• 2672 - Exception when making multithreaded lookup in InitialContext
• 3822 - Should utilize the "cookieSecure" cookie property in sun-web
• 3873 - Calling secure EJB from Servlet results: Client not authoriz
• 6981 - web container not accessible after updating definitions of a
• 7072 - Web Services MTOM attachment size mismatch
• 7102 - Poor performance of blocking connector compared to Grizzly N
• 7131 - No Proxy-ip genereted by Apache loadbalancer module
• 7189 Occurrences of "Sun-Java-System/Application-Server" in v2.1
• 7200 - HttpSession object not created from replicated data on new p
• 7219 - Typo on Common Tasks in the Amin Console
• 7237 - Exception invoking method listSessionIds - ConcurrentModific
• 7241 - Restore ability to start webapps sequentially (instead of in
• 7247 - CoyoteResponse throws NullPointerException on sendRedirect (
• 7325 - "Default Log location is" while starting as in CLI no i18ned
• 7414 - http session lost when switching from https to http
• 7521 - application server invokes resource adapter's getInvalidConn
• 7524 - The application doesn't deploy with --libraries
• 7556 - Integer.MAX_VALUE-9 (=2147483638) specified as max value
• 8425 - specifying big max pool size leads to server crash (OOM)
• 8712 - Java-level deadlock
• 8924 - HA in-memory sso test failure - TBMA
• 8949 - Cluster created without specifiying the cluster config does
• 8997 - some JMS test cases failed in remote and local mode in V2.1.
• 9134 - Need to update Grizzly to 1.0.29
• 9256 - grizzly 1.0.30 Integration
• 9303 - Incorrect version name on some pages
• 9409 - The FileRealm classname, "XYZ" does not extend "com.sun.ente
• 1520 - sso-enabled property not recognized
• 2575 - unable to create oracle - connection pool in GlassFish
• 2808 - allow virtual servers to override access logging functionali
• 3064 - Duplicate Message IDs are generated when mutiple threads cre
• 3209 - toplink fails when running on WIndows from a network filesys
• 3505 - HttpServletRequest#getPathInfo removes contiguous slashes
• 4116 - [online docs] Duplicate error message IDs
• 4277 - [online docs] Can not start server at 3.5GB heap
• 4405 - glassfish.dev.java.net web pages menu display problem on IE
• 4516 - [online doc]Incorrect and confusing documentation regarding
• 5002 - [online doc]Admin Guide: Changing Admin Password Documentati
• 5130 - [online doc]GlassFish clustering not working under OpenSUSE
• 5221 - Web Services JSR 109 deployment issue
• 5339 - "update-file-user" fails when "-- groups" option is not spec
• 5429 - [online docs] Corrections in section "Configuring the Load B
• 6291 - Easy way to kill GF with syslogd logging enabled
• 6605 - [online docs] Need to grant permission in order to use GRA a
• 6698 - [online docs] Document Security Issue
• 6801 - NPE in AuthenticatorBase.postInvoke if a running web app is
• 6854 - NullPointerException occurs if "optional"
• 7004 - message key endpoint.determine.destinationtype logged
• 8449 - Overly Verbose Logging from Apache LB Plugin
• 7968 - Problem with tlds and --libraries
• 8487 - No Such Element Exception seen continously
• 8606 - [BLOCKING] Memory Leak in ReplicationState
• 7076 - No getHeapSize method exception for jvm monitor in cli
•  - @PreDestroy method not called in jsp tag handler
•  - Glassfish hardcodes JAXP DocumentBuilderFactory system property in code preventing any overloading
•  - Session expiring with valueUnbound/HttpBindingEvent cannot lookup J2EE JNDI (java:/comp/env/jdbc)
•  - [online docs] Documentation for the usage of the non-standard parameters in the passwordfile
•  - Integrate hadb for bug id:6805835
•  - Unable to start cluster and clustered instances
•  - JAX-RPC webservices MessageContext does not contain the HttpServletRequest object
•  - [online docs] Need documentation for GMS settings
•  - The charset the granted.policy file is created with can mean it can't be read in correctly later.
•  - expose http-service.access-log.\* properties with AS cluster (SGES v2.1 p03)
•  - [online docs] [IT:3678]Misleading instructions for virtual server creation in admin guide
•  - CAPS GlassFish admin console displays JavaMQ password in clear text
•  - Test Stopper: GMS Watchdog information is not present in server logs.
•  - GlassFish v2.1 (AppServer 9.1.1 b60g-fcs) ips package on OpenSolaris 2009.06 config with ant 1.7.1
•  - CTS5 Webservices12 testsuites failed to deploy:Cannot find service name for endpoint MTOMTestImpl
•  - JWS failed: java.lang.ClassCastException
•  - JES6post:GF2.1.1: asadm version -v shows old GF version string
•  - AIX GlassFish v2.1.1 promoted build 19 - asadmin command could not create-domain properly.
•  - [BLOCKING] AIX 9.1.x promoted build during startup throws java.lang.RuntimeException:recursivecall
•  - GF2.1: instance state inconsistent after instance restart -- cannot monitor instances from DAS
•  - [online docs] [RN] SGES 2.1/AS 9.1.1 was tested/certified against Oracle 11g
•  - Need to update product version number in bundled HTML pages
•  - Regression: cannot start embedded MQ Broker
•  - startServerInstance is not found in servers MBean (SGES v2.1.1)
•  - [online docs]asadmin start/stop-node-agent online help file not updated to reflect new flags(v2.1.1)
•  - DAS does not get plannned shutdown notifications.
•  - NullPointerExceptio when failure to write to access logs
•  - filebased patch upgrade feature from v2.1 to v2.1.1
•  - GlassFish v2.1.1 native packages still has 9.1.1 as the version number
•  - version changes for v2.1.1 is required in installer
•  - 2.1 install docs missing steps for AIX installations that were present in 9.1 docs.
•  - Simplified and Traditional Chinese: Garbage in OLH
•  - Upgrade JDK bundled in EE binaries to latest(JDK 6 U16)
•  - SDK5U8: Windows 7 x64: Unable to uninstall using the start menu shortcut item uninstall
•  - MQ imqbrokerd need "-Xss256k" in order to start the MQ on HP-UX platform.
•  - Webmodules init() method not called in application.xml order.
•  - Two @ManyToOne to one and the same entity class fail, if one is EAGER and the other is LAZY
•  - CNPSDK cannot handle a large JRE fileUnit on Windows platforms
•  - Apache LBPlugin P05 and earlier will not work with NSS 3.12
•  - asupgrade in v2.1 side-by-side upgrade from p4 to p5 dumps core
•  - SGES 2.1P4/com.sun.jsftemplating.layout.SyntaxException: '=' or ':' missing for Name Value Pair: ''!
•  - Doc: Performance hit when the system does log rotation.
•  - GF2.1p05: in-place upgrade is not possible from base patch v2.1 to v2.1 Patch 05 in all platforms.
•  - failover not working in crash-instance scenario under "time-based" mode
see the patch description for further details.
Useful Links (note: they belong in side-bars):