SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) - Patch 27 // GF v2.1 - Patch 21 // Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 Patch 15
By arungupta on Jan 25, 2012
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2) patch 27 is a commercial (Restricted) patch (see Overview of GFv2) available as part of Oracle's Commercial Support for GlassFish. This release is also patch 21 of GlassFish 2.1 and patch 15 of GlassFish 2.1.1. The file-based patches were released on Dec 7, 2011; package-based patches were released on Dec 16, 2011.
SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GFv2 U2) - Patch 27 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1 - Patch 21 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
GlassFish 2.1.1 - Patch 15 - File and Package-Based Patch for Solaris SPARC, Solaris x86, Linux, Windows and AIX.
If your hundreds of thin native clients connecting to SSL/non-SSL IIOP ports to GlassFish is typing up server resources requiring a server restart then this release has fixed the issue for you. The bug 13006882 provide more details about it. An additional TCP port was created when -Dcom.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.channel.port explicitly specified the port number. A more recent version of Grizzly (1.0.42) is integrated and more details about the bugs fixed until this release are available here. Several issues were back ported from more recent versions such as GLASSFISH-16070 and GLASSFISH-1633. A complete list of bugs fixed in this release is provided at the end.
This release comes in 3 different variants:
Package-based patches with HADB
• Solaris SPARC - [128640-29]
• Solarix i586 - [128641-29]
• Linux RPM - [128642-29]
File-based patches with HADB
• Solaris SPARC - [128643-29]
• Solaris i586 - [128644-29]
• Linux - [128645-29]
• Windows - [128646-29]
• AIX - [137916-29]
File based patches without HADB
• Solaris SPARC - [128647-29]
• Solaris i586 - [128648-29]
• Linux - [128649-29]
• Windows - [128650-29]
Jan 25, 2012
Commercial (for-fee) release with regular bug fixes. This is patch 25 for SJS AS 9.1 U2; it is also patch 19 for GlassFish v2.1 and patch 13 for GlassFish v2.1.1. It contains the fixes from the previous patches plus fixes for 18 unique defects.
Bugs Fixed in this Patch:
• : INTEGRATE GRIZZLY 1.0.42
• : STAGE GRIZZLY V1.0.42 FOR GF V2.1.1 P15
• : UPDATE GF V2.1.1 PATCH 15 READMES
• : INTEGRATE MQ4.4U2P5 IN GFV2.1.1 P15
• : BUILD AND STAGE NEW JDK JARS FOR GF V2.1.1 P15
• : VERSION CHANGES AND README UPDATES FOR PATCH 15
• : GF ORB NEEDS A WAY TO TURN ON SO_KEEPALIVE
• : AUTOMATIC TIMER MIGRATION COMPONENT NOT ENABLED WARNING LOGGED
• : NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION IN JSTLBASETLV.VALIDATE
• : JAXWS UNSUPPORTED CLASS WARNING
• : SETTING DCOM.SUN.ENTERPRISE.ADMIN.SERVER.CORE.CHANNEL.PORT CAUSE 2 TCP PORTS CRE
• : SUNBT6500062 [IT:1633]JAXWS UNSUPPORTED CLASS WARNING
More details about these bugs and download information can be found at My Oracle Support.