By arungupta on Dec 16, 2011
GlassFish 3.1.1 Patch 2 (also called GlassFish 18.104.22.168) is a commercial (restricted) patch release for GlassFish 3.1.1.The patch 1 was a Critical Patch Update (CPU) and released in October 2011. Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply CPU fixes as soon as possible. The exact patch details and downloads can be found here.
GlassFish 3.1.1 Patch 2 was released on Dec 2, 2011 and it is part of Oracle's Commercial GlassFish Offering. There are 20 bugfixes in this patch. It integrates newer versions of Grizzly, Jersey, Weld, and HK2. This patch also fixes a bug in Weld that allows weld-numberguess sample to be run successfully again. This patch also drastically improves the deployment times of EAR files with WAR files on Mac. There is also a bugfix that allows EJB-based Web service to now run on domains migrated from 2.x to 3.1.1. The complete list of bugs is given below.
Patch 2 is available as an IPS repository in ZIP format. To install the upgrade, just unzip that ZIP file and then follow these instructions.
Patch release for GlassFish 3.1.1.
Dec 2, 2011
All distributions of this release, including patches, are based on IPS packages. Login to https://support.oracle.com/ with your ID and password, click on the "Patches and Updates" tab and enter the Patch ID as mentioned below.
• Solaris Sparc - [147902-02]
• Solaris-x86 - [147903-02]
• Linux - [147904-02]
• IBM-AIX - [147905-02]
• Darwin-Universal - [147906-02]
• Windows - [147907-02]
• Unix (Full Java EE 6) - [147913-02]
• Unix (Web Profile) - [147915-02]
• Windows (Full Java EE 6) - [147912-02]
• Windows (Web Profile) - [147917-02]
• AIX (Full Java EE 6) - [147918-02]
• AIX (Web Profile) - [147919-02]
Bugs Fixed in this PatchMore details about these bugs can be found at My Oracle Support.
•  - ADMIN GUIDE ON PATCHING IN A CLOSED NETWORK INCORRECTLY LISTS 3.0.1 PATCHES
•  - DOS ATTACK DUE HASH COLLISION
•  - JAVA.LANG.NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR WHEN ACCESSING A WELD APPLICATION
•  - 3.1.1P2 : ADMIN CONSOLE FAIL TO LOAD
•  - INTEGRATE NEW GRIZZLY 1.9.40
•  - SERVLETCONTEXTLISTENER.CONTEXTINITIALIZED IS CALLED TWICE IN WEBCONTAINER.ADDCON
•  - UPDATE PATCH README
•  - CUSTOM CLASSLOADER CAN'T LOAD CLASSES FROM SERVLET LISTENER USING EMBEDDED
•  - WARNING HAPPEN IF REDEPLOY APPLICATION FROM GUI WITH KEEPSTATE=TRUE IN GLASSFISH
•  - CANNOT ENABLE-SECURE-ADMIN IF S1AS CERTIFICATE IS NOT IN TRUSTSTORE.
•  - PUSH JERSEY 22.214.171.124 TO RELEASE REPOSITORY
•  - INTEGRATION OF WELD CORE 1.1.2.FINAL BINARIES
•  - INTEGRATE HK2 1.1.8. THIS VERSION CONTAINS THE FIX TO NCDFE FOR ORG.JODA.TIME WH
•  - DEPLOYMENT OF WAR FILES PACKAGED IN EAR IS VERY SLOW ON SOME PLATFORMS
•  - ECLIPSELINK BUG 347190 (HTTPS://BUGS.ECLIPSE.ORG/BUGS/SHOW_BUG.CGI?ID=347190)
•  - APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT FAILS ON GF 3.1 WITH JAVA.LANG.NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION
•  - ASADMIN MONITOR FAILS TO RUN AND REQUIRES X ENVIRONMENT
•  - GFV3 RFE INTERFACE TO INSTALL CUSTOM LIBRARIES FOR COMMON CLASS LOADER
•  - DEPLOYMENT OF EJB BASED WEBSERVICE FAILS ON DOMAINS MIGRATED FROM GF2.1 TO GF3.1
•  - DESCRIPTION ATTR IS MISSING WHEN CREATING INSTANCE PROPERTIES THROUGH REST
Which bugfix made you apply this patch ?