George Trujillo at Oracle Open World - Day One
By George Trujillo on Sep 22, 2008
Today was a great start to the conference. Despite hearing there are over 40,000 attendees at the conference I thought everything ran smoothly. Sunday was SIG day for the Oracle user groups and I attended a number of excellent presentations by highlighted speakers from the IOUG and other user groups. My day at Oracle open world.
- Presenting on Oracle Open World at 8:30. Very happy to see it was standing room only at my presentation. Some people that it was the line for free breakfast. :)
- Breakfast with Mike Ault, one of my favorite database people.
- Meeting with different Oracle product managers.
- Bloggers event. A very cooool group.
- Duncan Mills presentations on Web architecture.
- I thought Steve Lemme's presentation on Oracle Fusion Middleware was a very unique perspective and enlightening on the roadmap to successful projects using Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Hooking up with different leaders from the IOUG and ODTUG, the two key technology user's groups in the Oracle world.
- Food was excellent at the evening get togethers.
Blogging can save your life!
One of the great stories of the conference was hearing how Debra Lilley (one of my favorite people) was stuck in an elevator at hotel and started blogging on how she was stuck on the elevator. Someone monitoring the Oracle blog for the conference called the hotel and helped get her out. Glad you're okay Debra! :)
Thought of the Day
Loving seeing that with Oracle highlighting Oracle Open World as a green event once company advertised the green event by handing out advertisements using paper! :)
Quotes of the Day
"He's like a satanic chihuahua under a strobe light"
Sunday Keynote: Carville and Matalin
Sunday as excellent with Mary Matalin and James Carville entertaining the attendees with a humorous and enlightening view of world of politics.