Auditing in Fusion Applications
By Muthuvel Arumugam-Oracle on Dec 10, 2013
Release 7 of Fusion Applications provides the much needed functionality of auditing, leveraging the Fusion Middleware auditing capabilities. The functionality provided in this release covers the auditing of various applications business objects and the Fusion middleware components, including the below:
- Fusion Applications Business Objects
- Oracle SOA Suite –SOA Metadata Customizations
- Pages and Business Objects Extensibility
- BI Publisher – Report request, report execution, etc.
- ODI, ESS, MDS, OPSS
In Release 7, the audit framework provided covers both capturing and reporting the audit events. Business objects or events to be audited can be configured using Manage Audit Policies in Fusion Applications while the reporting on these captured audit events is facilitated using Audit History UI. Users with appropriate roles will be able to configure (Manage Audit Policies with Application Administrator Job Role) and view these reports (Audit History UI with Internal Auditor Job Role).
The following Oracle University sessions provide a detailed overview of the auditing functionality available in Fusion Applications.
- Fusion 11g Release 7 (22.214.171.124.0) TOI: Technical Overview of Audit Trail – A technical overview of configuring audit capture and audit reporting
- Auditing in Fusion Applications – Provides an overview of auditing the various business objects in Fusion Applications
- Security Audit and Reporting in Fusion Applications Release 7 – An overview of the OPSS audit in Fusion Applications