Friday May 29, 2009
By forsini on May 29, 2009
The Java DB project is pleased to announce a new feature release of Java DB 10.5.1.
Java DB is Sun's branded distribution of the Apache Derby open source database. Java DB is a pure Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and JDBC standards. Java DB aims to be easy for developers and end-users to work with.
Java DB 10.5.1 can be obtained from the Java DB download site:
Java DB 10.5.1 introduces the following new features and improvements:
Java DB offers the following:
- Installers for various platforms
- Support offering (more info)
- Notification of new releases and updates via registration
- Native Netbeans integration
- Bundled in GlassFish and Sun JDK6
- Videos to get acquainted with Apache Derby and Java DB
- Java DB 10.5.3 is now available
- Apache Derby 10.5.3 Bug-Fix Release is now available!
- Java DB at CommunityOne and JavaOne 2009
- Java DB 10.5.1 now available
- Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 Feature Release is now available!
- Java DB Articles and Interviews with Masood Mortazavi, Engineering Manager
- JavaFX and Java DB / Apache Derby Demo Applications
- Java DB on Twitter - Become a follower
- Devoxx 08' - Java DB Quickie Presentations