Service-enable Siebel CRM with Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1
By user756777 on Jul 15, 2009
In this tutorial, we show how to implement native web services integration to Siebel CRM from Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1.
There are several new features in Fusion Middleware 11g that enable the creation of Service Oriented Architectures with Siebel applications and to develop business processes and composite applications using the relevant Fusion Middleware technology.
New features include:
- Simplified development experience via support for Service Component Architecture and the SOA Composite Editor (JDeveloper)
- Enhanced human workflow offers new JSF based rich client framework, ADF task flow forms and integration with Microsoft Office
- WebCenter Spaces to facilitate efficient interaction and collaboration among project teams
- Unified management and monitoring capability, including end-to-end instance tracking across all service engines
- Automated upgrade path from 10g
- Robust performance and scalability via the underlying WebLogic Application Server infrastructure
While a detailed discussion (or the list) of the new features is outside the scope of this discussion, this whitepaper talks about "What's new in Oracle SOA Suite 11g".Tutorial overview
Siebel CRM supports native web services and exposes a number of functions as Application Service Interfaces (ASIs). Siebel also provides tooling support (in the the Thin Client and Siebel Tools) to generate and consume WSDLs. We show how BPEL makes a service call out to the Siebel webservice to retrieve the account information. The resulting data is then transformed to output only the fields of interest.
- Siebel 8.0 Call Center
- Oracle SOA Suite version 11gR1 (available for download from OTN)
- Oracle JDeveloper version 11gR1 (available for download from OTN)
The main process steps are:
- Generate a WSDL in Siebel CRM for the Siebel Account Business Service*
- Create a synchronous BPEL process to consume this WSDL.
- Transform the resulting output from AccountQueryById operation into the desired format.