Service-enable PeopleSoft HCM with Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1
By user756777 on Jul 16, 2009
In this tutorial, we show how to implement native web services integration to PeopleSoft HCM from Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1.
There are several new features in Fusion Middleware 11g that enable the creation of Service Oriented Architectures with PeopleSoft applications and to develop business processes and composite applications using the relevant Fusion Middleware technology.
New features include:
- Simplified development experience via support for Service Component Architecture and the SOA Composite Editor (JDeveloper)
- Enhanced human workflow offers new JSF based rich client framework, ADF task flow forms and integration with Microsoft Office
- WebCenter Spaces to facilitate efficient interaction and collaboration among project teams
- Unified management and monitoring capability, including end-to-end instance tracking across all service engines
- Automated upgrade path from 10g
- Robust performance and scalability via the underlying WebLogic Application Server infrastructure
While a detailed discussion (or the list) of the new features is outside the scope of this discussion, this whitepaper talks about "What's new in Oracle SOA Suite 11g".Tutorial overview
Native web services integration to PeopleSoft HCM from Oracle BPEL Process Manager is achieved using the PeopleSoft Component Interface (CI) mechanism. We show how BPEL makes a service call out to a PeopleSoft web service to retrieve the relevant employee data. The resulting data is then transformed to output only the fields of interest.
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 with PeopleTools 8.48
- Oracle SOA Suite version 11gR1 (available for download from OTN)
- Oracle JDeveloper version 11gR1 (available for download from OTN)
The main process steps are:
- Generate the WSDL from the CI for the PeopleSoft HR component (PERSONAL_DATA)*
- Create a synchronous BPEL process to consume this WSDL.
- Transform the resulting output from the PeopleSoft CI Get() operation into the desired format.