By Saresh on Apr 09, 2013
For this you dont need to use the Analytics. You can use Excel to create the report by connecting to BI server using ODBC Datasource.
Two steps to achieve this are:
- Create a system DSN
- Create the report using Microsoft Query.
Step 1: Create the system DSN
1.Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC)->System DSN
2. Select Oracle BI Server and Click Add
3.Click on Finish and enter a name for your DSN and enter the BIServer name and click finish
Now your BI Server DSN Configuration is done.
Step 2. Create the report using Microsoft Query.
1. Open the Excel and Click on Microsoft Excel->Data->From Data Sources->From Microsoft Query
2. Select the DSN name you created above and enter the credentials to log in to BI Server.
3. A new screen to choose column will appear.
4. Drill down on the dimensions and select the required tables as shown below:
5. If you get a message like below, click on OK
6. Clicking OK will take you to the screen shown below:
7. Click on Add Tables icon from the menu. This will allow you to select the tables that you want in your report.
7.1. In this case we are using Sample Sales lite rpd and we will add the fact table Base Facts (click on Add)
7.2. Base fact will be added to Microsoft query. Drag Actual Unit Price from ‘query from …’ section to the Result pane header.
(Note the difference in screenshot from step 6)
8. Close the window for ‘Microsoft Query’. Now ‘Import Data’ wizard will open.
9. Select the type of table you wanted. (In this example we have used the pivot table report)
a.Drag Product to Drop Row Field Here
b.Time to Drop columns Field Here
c.Actual unit price to Drop Data Items here.
d.The report will be generated in excel like below: