By Saresh on Aug 14, 2013
This article describes the steps to integrate OBIEE with Microsoft Office using Oracle Hyperion Smart View For Office.
- Download Smart View using any one of the option below:
- Option 1:
From the Oracle BI EE "Home page"->
In the Get Started section, click the Download BI Desktop Tools link, then select 'Smart View for MS Office'
- Option 2:
From EPM Downloads.http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/epm/downloads/smart-view-1112x-1939038.html
- Option 3:
Download Patch 16909989 -SMART VIEW PATCH TO PICK UP OBIEE 184.108.40.206.1 DLLS. (Patch) from MOS.
- Option 1:
- Install Smart View as per the instructions provided in the readme file.
- Open Microsoft Office Excel, you will find the 'Smart View' Add-In displayed in the Excel Tab as shown below:
- Click on Panel->Private Connection->New Connection.
- Select Oracle BI EE as the new Connection provider.
- In the URL Field Enter : http://hostname:port/analytics/jbips
- Enter username and password the the instance specified in step 6.
- Save the private Connection.
- The Connection will now be shown under the 'Private Connection'.
Note: You may be prompted again to Enter the username and password as in step 7.
- Now you should be able to browse the BI Catalog and select a Smart View report