By Saresh on Jul 17, 2013
Oracle Exalytics Patchset 3 Software is Now Available
The fourth major release of Exalytics software and associated certifications is now available for use with Exalytics X2-4 and X3-4 engineered systems.
The new patchset includes a full software version stripe for Exalytics that has been tested together and is delivered as one Engineered System. Exalytics customers can now access significant enhancements across the whole complement of Exalytics software.
- New Software improvements of Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite 18.104.22.168. This release has more than 200 enhancements across the suite and many features targeted exclusively for Exalytics, such as extremely fast ‘hot-data’ recommendations from the database cardinality estimate feature, and BI Publisher high-volume bursting that can enable the generation of an extremely large number of personalized reports and documents for business users in time periods that were previously not achievable. In addition, Essbase, a component of Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, benefits from Flash memory and expanded main memory available with Exalytics X3-4 or with hardware upgrades for Exalytics X2-4. Multiple cubes can run concurrently with up to 25X improvement in load times and 9X improvement in calculation times when compared to the previous release running on Exalytics X2-4 without Flash storage.
- New release of TimesTen In-Memory Database 22.214.171.124 enhancements and new functionality for Exalytics, including a new TimesTen import utility for analyzing data in the Oracle Database and importing to TimesTen in Exalytics with recommendations for optimal data types, columnar compression, and indexes, enhanced parallel inserts for compressed tables and data loading time reduction. These capabilities speed up data load times. In-memory join optimizations in TimesTen result in up to 3x improvement over regular workloads in BI Applications, for instance.
- New Software Certification of EID 3.0. Exalytics now supports the new, major release of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, which enables rapid insights into structured and unstructured data including social media, websites, content management systems, raw text from documents, email, and more. By correlating this data to the structured data in data warehouses and enterprise applications, users will be able to more accurately manage data and meaning form unstructured sources, ultimately driving better business decisions and innovations.
- New release of BI Applications 126.96.36.199.1. This major release features new content across all the BI Applications, two new analytic applications—Student Information Analytics and Indirect Spend Planning—and new use of Oracle Data Integrator and GoldenGate.
- New Software Certification of EPM 188.8.131.52 Exalytics now supports the latest version of Oracle Hyperion EPM. In addition to taking advantage of all of the new user experience, integrations and functional enhancements Exalytics now supports 184.108.40.206 versions of Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management and connections to Hyperion Financial Management.
- Support for Hyperion Planning 220.127.116.11: Hyperion Planning customers with EPM 18.104.22.168 deployments can now take advantage of Exalytics without needing to upgrade to EPM release 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. With an existing deployment of Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52, customers can now leverage the performance and scalability of Essbase deployed on Exalytics. This certification will open up a much broader set of opportunities for up-selling Exalytics into the Hyperion Planning installed base.
- NEW Exalytics In-Memory Software. Software optimizations specific to Exalytics, and not available on generic hardware or other Engineered Systems, are now packaged as part of a new priced item, Exalytics In-Memory Analytics. This new line item provides rights to use Summary Advisor, Essbase Flash optimizations, BI Publisher enhanced bursting for Exalytics, TimesTen for Exalytics unique features, and other capabilities unique to Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
Note: Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), of course, is not supported on Exalytics yet.What’s new is a direct connection from Exalytics via ADM driver to HFM 184.108.40.206 for enabling OBI based analytics. Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management, and Oracle Financial Management Analytics are all increasingly popular on Exalytics.
Documentation Library: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E41246_01/index.htm