By user729142 on Feb 14, 2012
Welcome to the Essbase Blog! We will use the blog to share information about Essbase to larger Essbase and MOLAP community. Essbase team would like to request the community members to share interesting "modeling nuggets" for solving business problems.
Over the years Essbase has been used not only in Financial domain, but as a general MOALP engine for solving variety of problems in various domains. Lets talk about
- Interesting modeling in outline using various artifacts (dimension ordering, dynamic, stored, member formulas, attributes, ...)
- Modeling is sometimes art than science and some models can open lot of people eyes in the way they are designed to solve problems
- Sparse vs Dense vs Outline ordering
- When to use shared members, how to use attribute hierarchy, ...
- Interesting calculation scripts
- Integration of Essbase with various other engines and applications
- What work to do in batch vs interactive calculations
- How to combine BSO and ASO
- Various partitioning modeling to achieve scalability
Looking forward to contributions from everyone!
Oracle Essbase Team