New EMEA customer success stories this month
By Steve Walker on May 22, 2014
There's a great variety of new success stories from EMEA-based customers now available on the Oracle website. As you might expect, Cloud Computing and Engineered Systems feature high among the projects that are going live at our customers. But there's still a drum beat of Oracle Applications and Technology stories, as well as a couple from our systems and industry-specific capabilities. From vast companies like Maersk and Telekom Deutschland through to medium-sized enterprises such as QDQ Media, from Georgia to Ethipia, there's a huge variety of stories. Read on to find out more.....
Oracle Cloud Computing
- Maersk Line, in Denmark, the world’s largest container shipping company with more than 600 container vessels and 3.4 million containers, deployed a single-platform, social-relationship-management tool, Oracle Social Cloud, for managing the company’s social communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- endlich IT & Projekt Service OHG, a German IT service company with vast experience in project management, deployed Oracle Database Cloud Service as a fully managed, platform-as-a-service for the company’s enterprise resource planning system to store and manage data from every stage of business projects
- Atradius Collections, in the Netherlands, is the leading collections agency in the world. In this video Atradius explains how it is using Oracle Sales Cloud to capture the voice of its 14,500 global customers & deliver the highest customer service.
- Also Netherlands-based, Profource provides specialized Oracle applications and technology services to companies and institutions. Using Oracle Fusion CRM Base Standard Offering Cloud Service it obtained a 300% return on technology investment by growing year-to-year revenue by more than 20%, thanks to higher sales productivity, increased service flexibility, and valuable implementation know-how gained from the deployment.
Oracle Engineered Systems
- Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira (AT), a part of Portugual’s Ministry of Finance, use Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic to make significant improvements (up to 90%) to response and access times for taxpayer information
- MagtiCom LTD, a leading telecommunications company in Georgia, offering mobile and fixed telecommunication services—both voice and data—to all regions of the country, implemented Oracle Exadata Database Machine to reduce database licensing costs, significantly improve service levels to 2 million telecommunications customers through high performance and database reliability, and simplify administration and maintenance
- Xoserve Ltd., a data management company that plays an integral role in the restructured gas-distribution market in Britain, migrated a business-critical application from out-of-support HP Superdomes onto a full Oracle stack, including SPARC T3 servers and Oracle’s Sun Fire X4170 M2 servers with Oracle Solaris, to improve stability of the core gas-transaction system, heighten performance, and simplify ongoing support with a single vendor
- Telekom Deutschland GmbH, Germany’s leading mobile communications provider with a 32% market share, is a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG, responsible for the group’s private customers and for midsize business customers in Germany. Using Siebel, Communications, it reduced calls to the customer-support center by 20% by empowering customers with an online interface to make communication service plan-activation requests, order devices, track assets and orders, and access product and account information
- Imperial College, London, a prestigious international university has implemented a full set of Oracle E-Business Suite modules to support its back office, including Oracle Grants, oracle iProcurement and Oracle HR Self-Service
- Geodis, a logistics provider and wholly-owned subsidiary of SNCF Group in France, implemented Oracle CRM On Demand for a 360-degree view of its customers for its 200 sales reps
- averda is the largest environmental solutions provider in the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Middle East and North African regions, specializing in integrated waste and resource management. averda increased the efficiency and accuracy of its asset maintenance by replacing a third-party (Maximo) application and multiple, manually managed, spreadsheet-based maintenance records with Oracle Enterprise Asset Management’s single-instance maintenance and asset tracking
- Angel Trains is one of the UK’s leading train-leasing companies with an asset base of more than 4,500 vehicles, representing approximately 36% of the UK’s passenger-rail, rolling stock. It uses a variety of Oracle E-Business Suite and Business Intelligence capabilities to determine customer, lease, carriage, vehicle, and employee performance and profitability; monitor key performance indicators; identify pinch points; and take remedial action
- Tamweel Mortgage Finance Co. of Egypt is a financial institution that specializes in mortgage financing and services a growing market in Egypt and the Middle East. It cut processing times for real estate inquiries and mortgage applications by an average of 50% by integrating its pre-existing front-end customer payment interface with Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3, specifically Oracle Financials.
Oracle Core Technology
- In Spain, QDQ media is an online-marketing agency, part of the Solocal Group. It provides mainly digital services for midsize companies, such as website creation,search-engine-optimization campaigns, online publicity through Google Adwords, and integration of social networks. It replaced a spreadsheet-based system with Oracle Essbase to achieve an aggregated view of the company’s financial performance over time, including revenue and cost-accrual calculations for more than 30,000 customers—enabling more accurate revenue forecasts and better-informed strategic decisions
- Czech Republic-based Openmatics s.r.o. was founded in 2010 as a subsidiary of ZF Friedrichshafen AG, a global player in driveline and chassis technology. Its goal was to develop and operate a flexible, open telematics platform for automotive applications. It has used Oracle WebCenter Portal and Oracle Application Development Framework as a foundation for Openmatics, a standards-based automotive telematics platform that provides next-generation fleet management with unified digital communication from and to vehicles on the move
- United Bank SC, one of Ethiopia's top five private banks, has implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE to get a real-time view of all of its customers across its 85 branches