Tuesday Jun 02, 2009
Thursday May 21, 2009
By user12618589 on May 21, 2009
Pkgapp 3.2 is available internally...yeah!
I finally had time to update the Pkgapp documentation and retest it on various application cores/gcores and it is now ready for prime time. I have also submitted it to BigAdmin and it should be available in the next few days. If you need it now, please contact your favorite Sun Support representative and request he send it from the internal download site. I will also update "this" post once Big Admin has uploaded the new version.
Pkgapp 3.2 has 2 big new features...
- It includes adm64 libraries that were previously not included making debugging easier on that platform for java issues.
- It includes a new core truncation feature developed by a member of the Directory Server Sustaining team. The great news is, the feature not only works on Directory Server cores but any other core/gcore you may be dealing with!
If the core/gcore is good, the user is given the following message:
\* Checking if corefile is truncated [CORE gcore.cshttpd.28734 GOOD Core contains 293 segments ]
If the core is truncated, the user is alerted and required to answer yes/no as to whether they understand the data may be totally unusable.
\* Checking if corefile is truncated [WARNING! core gcore.cshttpd.28734.truncated is truncated (40396864d bytes instead of 40397397d bytes)]
\* ALERT! The core was found to be truncated, it therefore may not be usable
\* pkgapp will continue to gather data and you can still upload the result to Sun
\* Do you understand the core may not be usable? [yes|no] yes
[Answer was -> yes]
If you use/have an RSS Reader such as NetNewsWire or Google Reader you can see the latest updates to Big Admin using the following links.
Next up...I plan to finalize and release DTR and begin production of my first SLX video for Dirtracer users!
A Tech Blog about the Sun Java Systems Dirtracer Toolkit. Dirtracer and this blog written and maintained by Lee Trujillo an Oracle Senior Principal Support Engineer.
- DT (DirTracer) 7.2.1 and Pkgapp 3.6.2? Oh yeah!
- DT (DirTracer) 7.1 has been unleashed!
- Pkgapp 3.5 Released!
- DT7.0 and Pkgapp 3.4 Available via the My Oracle Support portal
- The Windows Question
- Pkgapp 3.4 Released
- Pkgapp 3.4 in the hopper!
- The New DirTracer (DT7) and Pkgapp (3.4) are here!
- Pkgapp 3.3 Soon to be released!
- Server Impact on Sun Learning Exchange