Pkgapp 3.5 Released!
By user12618589 on Apr 14, 2011
I've fixed a few bugs, added some great enhancements and changed some of the output during run-time. Please note, all downloads for Pkgapp (and DirTracer) will only be available via the My Oracle Support portal. I hope to have all references to Pkgapp and DirTracer taken off the old BigAdmin and replaced with a reference to the support portal.
Pkgapp displays an email address for feedback on issues you encounter and enhancements you may wish to see. This is an Internal Oracle address for use by Oracle personnel. If you need to provide feedback, please contact an Oracle Engineer with the information and they can email me via this address.
Changes in Pkgapp 3.5
- Created # GetLibs 1.0 for Pkgapp Linux. If available, uses gdb to gather the library files instead of requiring the -p <pid> to be used.
- Added functions getPermsRead and getPermsWrite to see if certain files like the /var/adm/messages etc files are readable.
- Changed post-run information displayed.
- Cleaned up the runtime usage output.
- Removed pargs usage on Solaris 8.
- Improved the library gathering when a corefile is used: Pkgapp Solaris.
- Added a fast check to see if the -a parameters value is a directory. Fail if it is.
- Improved the coreinfo.sh functionality for Oracle ODSEE Support.
- Fixed bug 6921433 - pkgapp 3.3 fails when name of application program exceeds 15 characters.
- Fixed bug 7024417 - pkgapp 3.4 Linux fails to find the binaries bit version if setgid/setuid is in the "file" output.