Migrating ADF Faces Applications to JDeveloper 10.1.3.1 Production (2)


I already blogged on problems after migration to JDeveloper 10.1.3.1  Production.

Jan Vervecken reports other issues on OTN: "10.1.3.1 : Skip navigation elements to page contents"

The problem

ADF Faces pages including an af:panelPage component.and migrated from JDeveloper 10.1.3.1 Developer's Preview (Build 3914)
to JDeveloper 10.1.3.1 Production (Build 3984) display the following error:
Skip navigation elements to page contents
at Design Time in the Visual Editor:

DT_10131_Production:

The same error is displated at Runtime.
Furthermore, the look-and-feel of the page isn't correct (incorrect styles):
RT_10131_Production:

The Solution

The solution consists of deleting the file ...\WEB-INF\temp\adf\styles\cache\oracle-desktop-10_1_3_1_0-en-ie-6-windows-s.css
The next time you reopen the page in JDeveloper, it will display correctly.

References

(require a MetaLink account):
  • Bug 5616568 - MIGR: "SKIP NAVIGATION ELEMENTS TO PAGE CONTENTS"
  • Note 396255.1 - ADF Faces Pages Migrated from JDev 10.1.3.1 Preview Displays Message: "Skip navigation elements to page contents"

Comments:

Hi Didier; The link "Skip Navigation Elements to Page Contents" appears at runtime when using the new skin "myCompanySkin" and running on Firefox (but not on I.E. 7). I obtained this skin as part of an extension with the identifier "skins.AdditionalSkinsInstall". Any suggestions on removing it? Thanks!! Jeffrey

Posted by Jeffrey Kelly on February 27, 2007 at 07:37 AM CET #


You are not the first to complain about this error caused by a customized skin.
The best would be to log a Service Request in Metalink so that we have a look at the problem.

Posted by Didier Laurent on February 27, 2007 at 06:18 PM CET #

I have found that adding following line in the adf-faces-config.xml file eliminates the link "Skip Navigation Elements to Page Contents": inaccessible Jeffrey

Posted by Jeffrey Kelly on March 06, 2007 at 06:02 AM CET #

Thanks Jeffrey for Sharing this.

Posted by Didier Laurent on March 06, 2007 at 04:50 PM CET #

Hi: I'd like to comment that deleting the file from the WEB-INF did not work for me, but the solution of adding the inaccessible to the adf-faces-config.xml file did. Could I suggest that this be added to the metalink Bug documentation since it is only by chance that I found it here under the expanded comments. It also would be very helpful to have this listed in the jDeveloper forum, which was the first place that I looked for a solution. Mary Brownlie U of Windsor

Posted by Mary Brownlie on July 24, 2008 at 02:13 AM CEST #

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

Didier Laurent - Sr Principal Support Engineer in the JDeveloper team

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today