By DaveLevy on Aug 27, 2008
I adopted Firefox 3 the other week and it became obvious that there were several bugs in my weblog theme. These are now fixed, or I hope so.
So the weblog is now the width of the banner picture, we don't get the horrible repetition effect if the browser window is made too large. The weblog is also centre justified in the panel. In order to get this effect I have placed a <DIV style="width:1024px"> around all the content in the weblog file. 1024 pixels is the width of the picture in my banner. In order to ensure the html version of the weblog is located in the centre of the browser panel, I have surrounded this DIV with a <CENTER> tags. Interesting how easy the changes were, but the testing and clumsiness of roller's interface has meant that its taken me along time to get to this point.
I have discovered some additional problems with the theme, which I have fixed in my development environments, but not here yet. The planned end goal is to remove the tables from the theme and replace them with <DIV>s and CSS rules.