Wednesday Apr 16, 2014
Wednesday Dec 25, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Dec 25, 2013
Configurable properties are:
• Save Point Restore Finalizer
• URL Invoke
• Library Internal
• Return Value
• Task Flow Reentry
• Share Data Control with Calling Task Flow
• No Save Point on Task Flow Entry
Sunday Dec 22, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Dec 22, 2013
Task Flows at the Heart of Oracle ADF
There is nothing more important than understanding task flow-oriented design and architecture when developing Oracle ADF applications
ADF controller supports task flows. Supporting task flows helps us to break our complex web application into smaller reusable flows. The task flows are simple XML files. Each of the pages in the task flow is added as a view activity and the control flows between the pages. The components in the task flows are called as activities and each of the control flows will have an outcome to define the navigation.
Develop User Interface Services – Not Pages
Steven Davelaar, "Building Highly Reusable Task Flows"
There are two types of task flows in ADF
Unbounded Task Flow
Unbounded task flows are designed to handle navigation between pages which do not necessarily follow any specific entry point or exit point. For example, consider the pages linked through the toolbar menu in an application. An end user can select any menu option that he or she likes, or the person can even type the URL directly in the browser for viewing the page and can exit from the page or switch to a new page at any point in time. The navigation model for such pages (unbounded view) is defined using unbounded task flow. Unbounded task flow defines navigation for unbounded views in a Fusion web application.
Bounded Task Flow
The bounded task flow is primarily designed to implement reusable navigation cases with definite entry and exit points. A bounded task flow contains its own set of control flow rules, activities, and managed beans.
Sunday Dec 15, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Dec 15, 2013
In this article, i try to explain common authentication architectures that are using for Oracle ADF with models.
- Oracle ADF without Single Sign On (SSO)
- Oracle ADF with Own SSO
- Oracle ADF With Single Sign-On Using OAM
Monday Nov 18, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Nov 18, 2013
- Primary reusable ADF Business Component:
- Entity Objects (EOs)
- View Objects (VOs)
- Application Modules (AMs)
- Framework Extensions Classes
- Primary reusable ADF Controller:
- Bounded Task Flows (BTFs)
- Task Flow Templates
- Primary reusable ADF Faces:
- Page Templates
- Declarative Components
- Utility Classes
Tuesday Oct 22, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Oct 22, 2013
- Business logic, including validation and default logic
- Transaction handling
- Data access
Monday Oct 21, 2013
By Arda Eralp on Oct 21, 2013
I am a member of the Fusion Middleware Applications Consultancy team.
I focus on tips and tricks FMW applications consultancy but also have a strong interest in ADF Development & Achitecture, Oracle BPM, Oracle Identity Manager and Oracle SOA Suite.
The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.
- Oracle BAM Drilling Between 2 Reports
- Oracle BAM Create Data Object from External Data Source
- Abort Running SOA Instances with API
- Skinning BPM Workspace 12c
- Getting an error while building migrated ADF Based Forms 11g to 12c (BEA-160187)
- Oracle Service Bus SAP (iWay) Adapter Migration 11g to 12c
- JDeveloper 12c SAP Adapter Configuration
- Desktop application for purging SOA instances
- SOA Instance States Table
- BPM Actionable Email Configuration