In case you have not been paying attention, the new 2011.1.1.0 software release for the ZFSSA is out and available for download inside the My Oracle Support website.
To find it, go to the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then do the advanced family search. Type in "ZFSSA" and it will take you right to it (choose 2011.1 in the next submenu).
You need to have your systems on 2010.3.2.1 or greater in order to upgrade to 2011.1.1, so be prepared.
It also includes a new OEM grid control plug-in for the ZFSSA.
Here are some details about it from the readme file:
Sun ZFS Storage Software 2011.1.1.0 (ak-2011.04.24.1.0)This major software update for Sun ZFS Storage Appliances contains numerous bug fixes and important firmware upgrades. Please carefully review all release notes below prior to updating.
Seven separate patches are provided for the 2011.1.1.0 release:
This release includes a variety of new features, including:
- Improved RMAN support for Oracle Exadata
- Improved ACL interoperability with SMB
- Replication enhancements - including self-replication
- InfiniBand enhancements - including better connectivity to Oracle Exalogic
- Datalink configuration enhancements - including custom jumbogram MTUs
- Improved fault diagnosis - including support for a variety of additional alerts
- Per-share rstchown support
This release also includes major performance improvements, including:
- Significant cluster rejoin performance improvements
- Significant AD Domain Controller failover time improvements
- Support for level-2 SMB Oplocks
- Significant zpool import speed improvements
- Significant NFS, iSER, iSCSI and Fibre Channel performance improvements due to elimination of data copying in critical datapaths
- ZFS RAIDZ read performance improvements
- Significant fairness improvements during ZFS resilver operations
- Significant Ethernet VLAN performance improvements
This release includes numerous bug fixes, including:
- Significant clustering stability fixes
- ZFS aclmode support restored and enhanced
- Assorted user interface and online help fixes
- Significant ZFS, NFS, SMB and FMA stability fixes
- Significant InfiniBand, iSER, iSCSI and Fibre Channel stability fixes
- Important firmware updates